Wednesday, July 23, 2014

July 10, 2014 School Board Meeting



I'm sorry this has taken so long to write. I have been out of town a lot and have been very busy. It was a very short meeting without much business. About the first thing was the re-election of the same board officers. Casey as chairman, me as vice chairman, and April as treasurer. 

About the only business was a discussion about the flex program. I had requested an update about how it went. I had heard of some concerns with the program. Dave Mecham gave a report highlighting fewer missing assignments, and fewer F's and loss credits. This program helped with credit recovery. The students needing assistance were able to get help easier. There is also some areas that need improved. There needs to be more variety of activities for the students to participate in. Some teachers also need to support the program better. Some kids were not able to get all the help they needed, at least toward the end of the year. Overall I think it has been a successful program, but like any new program improvements can be made to make it work better. 

We then went into executive session to discuss personnel.

One more update. I was asked by the board to work with Mr. Tubbs to decide what to do with the area between the high school and seminary building. The basic plan we came up with is to remove the rest of the trees and put a curb ten feet wide with a dirt berm between the curbs. New trees and grass would then be planted. The plan is progressing and hopefully by spud harvest the work can be done. I think this will look much better and provide the bus lane security we need.
 
If you have any questions or concerns please let me know. Thank you, Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment