Sunday, May 6, 2012

Reply to Anonymous Patron

I wrote a reply to this comment, but somehow it was erased. So I decided to make it a new blog so it can be seen easier.

I hope you look back and read my comments. I can understand how you might not want to identify yourself on my blog, but I wish you would email me on my school address. If you did and wanted your comments kept private, I wouldn't tell anyone who you are. It is hard to address you concerns not knowing anymore details. I don't think any student should be bullied for any reason, including differences in religious beliefs. I would hope that any teacher or administrator would stop this from happening if they saw it. But not knowing any details it is hard to know how to address your specific concerns.

When I hear comments like, accounting for past spending. I would like to ask in what ways do you think we haven't spent money appropriately? When I hear the board needs to make a lot of changes but no details are given. I would like to ask. What changes do you think we should make? If you think the board doesn't try and respond to problems that you see going on but you don't make us aware of them, what can we do?
If you can't attend board meetings, you can still contact me or the administrators or other board members. I always respond to emails.

If you have followed my past blogs, you should know some ways I have tried to change things for the better. A couple things. We now have a lot better committee structure. We meet each month and discuss things to bring to the board. We have made many cuts to save money, including going to a four day week, and laying off teachers. Adjusting to the cuts has caused some problems that we have had to deal with. There are still more adjustments to make.

Again I would welcome you comments in a private email. Thank you, Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment